CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 4, 2007

This past week I have been thinking a lot about the difference between being content in all situations and settling for mediocrity. Where is the line drawn? I'm sure as I study, I will find the line is different for each individual. It seems as though I am surrounded by people who completely settle for mediocrity in every area of their life: friendships, education, home (not so much the kind of home but the way it's taken care of), even their relationship with Jesus. For my personal self, where do I learn to be content and where do I strive for excellence and be above mediocre. I'll come back to this at a later post after I's searched the Word a little more.

3 comments:

Merrie said...

Really thought provoking and convicting. I'll be interested to see where you end up. Like the difference in walking in faith and getting over into the flesh... it is so easy to start in faith and then take over in the flesh.
I guess it takes leaning heavily on the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

The Tylers said...

I accidentally clicked on this link instead of your family website and I must say, it wasn't on accident-God had me there for a reason. I have been thinking a lot about that too. I feel sometimes that I just settle for what I can get by doing. Thanks for the reminder that I need to rise to the occasion. -Lee

The LaBouffs said...

That is always something that I have thought about. There is a huge difference between contentedness and complacency...I never want to be the latter! I'm interested to hear what you find about it!